HDD - Password Tool
- Set hard drive ATA password.
- Immediate status display of HPA, DCO, LBA, and SMART values with
highlighting changed factory settings.
- Executable directly under Windows.
The program offers the following options:
- Lock *2 of a hard drive with an ATA password.
- Unlock a hard drive with a known ATA password (temporary or permanent).
- USB / SATA or SATA with USB adapter *3 Hard disks are supported.
- Master/User password mode with security level High/Maximum are supported.
- Change/set the "Master password revision code" possible.
- Encrypting the ATA password possible when locking a hard disk.
- Detailed overview of the „ATA information“ of all connected hard drives.
- Overview of the system properties (IP address, processor, memory, etc.).
- Output of the SMART status and problems such as „reassigned sectors“.
- After the start immediate quick overview for each hard drive with:
Manufacturer/Model including firmware version + serial number + capacity and
Status: from ATA password, HPA/DCO, security settings, SMART
- Forensics -> a change in the disk size (Current capacity/HPA/DCO) is immediately displayed after start and displayed in the „ATA information“ (hidden sectors).
- Support for Windows *4 *5 7/8/8.1/10 (each 32/64 bit version).
- German and English are supported completely, including the help.
- 1 year free updates and technical email support included in the purchase price.
Software from Germany
*2 Lock with ATA-Password -> SATA direct = Only possible under Windows 7. Via USB and SATA with USB adapter = possible for all Windows versions.
Note: SED drives (encrypted) are not supported.
*3 A compatible USB adapter is required.
*4 Functionality depending on the version of Windows used
See → System requirements -> https://software.compuclinic.de/hddpwd_anforderungen_en.php.
*5 Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and / or other countries.
Company names and product names herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of the companies concerned.